Artist, lives and works between Clermont-Ferrand and Paris.
" Manon Pretto uses images and digital technology to deconstruct and question the inherent identity of today’s society. Drawing her inspiration from the field, she is interested in the social relations between individuals, in particular the relations of authority, oppression and resistance. As a result, her work is multidisciplinary, uses a variety of mediums ranging from video to installation, image and performance.
Her futuristic-looking projects play with the codes of dystopia to draw us assertively into a world that seems familiar to us. Each of the present works have their own stories, but interconnected, they form an abstract space, an entity full of potentialities: a witness structure.
By penetrating this space, the spectator modulates and projects itself, in order to become the actor and creator of what he perceives. The works and the bodies mingle, blurring the boundaries between the images created by the artist and the film in which the spectator is enlisted in spite of himself. At the heart of this device, the space and the spectator open a dialogue that pushes him to question his perception of the images and the relationship he has with them. This accentuated proximity of the body and the image, which end up merging, does not leave us indifferent, provoking a multitude of questions about what shapes us today. Are we the creators of our perception or are we subject to it? "
2022, Attention Show Chaud, Atelier flamme, Montreuil, Fr
Burn her head - Bitch head - Fighting bitch -
Combat soigné - To look after its burn - Burn which stings -
Pique ni douille c'est moi l'embrouille - Scramble everything -
Tout feu tout flamme - Flame in the eyes - The eyes
Lacrymo - Lacrymo Gêne - Gener plus - Later than you think
than you think - Thinking of kissing - Embracing hearts - Heart of stone
Stone - Limestone - Missing air - Missing your target - Sleeping target
Sleeping target - Never sleep - Never sober - Sober
Synthé - Synthé claqué - Slamming the pavement - Cheap pavement -
Dynamic walk - Dynamite theories - Violent theory
- Violent intoxication - Intoxicating performance
skin - Smooth skin - List your weapons - Farted soul - Peter a
lead - Lead has skirt - Skirt lassée - La c'est bon - C'est d'la
2022, Interface, LIlle Art Up, Lille, Fr
Beyond what unites them around the theme of Transparencies and Lights, the artists of Interface offer the same conceptual vision of plasticity and sensibility through their work on deconstruction.
2022, Hystérie de l'éternité, Boulogne-Billancourt, Fr
THE CYCLE OF DISASTERS
"Hysteria of Eternity" is the first opus of the cycle of disasters. The cycle of disasters is a flow of exhibitions taking place in a world without humans. Each edition presents a panorama of a planet Earth that has been deserted for a long time, a planet on which cataclysms continue to occur. This world, convinced that it will defy our gaze by imagining us gone, will continue to experience what we now call "disasters", such as earthquakes, floods or radiation.
- 2021, GhostGaze, La Guerrière, Rennes, Fr
- 2021, Biennial Mulhouse 021, Motoco, Mulhouse, Fr
- 2021, Artschild, Paris, Fr
- 2021, Frontières, Espace Voltaire, Paris, fr
- 2021, Assemblage #27 Atlantis, is calling, Julio Artist Run Space, Paris, Fr
- 2021, DEMAIN(S), Space Espace Christiane Peugeot, Paris, Fr
- 2020, :CERISE: :CERISE: :CLOCHE:, ESACM, Clermont-Ferrand, Fr
- 2020, The Owl's Castle, Carin Klonowski and Étienne François, Contemporary Art Center Les églises de Chelles, Fr
- 2020, At the end, Triangle Arts Association – New York, USA
- 2020, if you see something, say something, Triangle Arts Association – New York, USA
- 2020, Veille, In extenso, Clermont-ferrand, Fr
- 2019, 18 Meeting of those involved in film education, Screening of the film L'heure Bleue, La jetée, Clermont-Ferrand, Fr
- 2019, Frapper le soleil, Study days, Screening of the film L'heure Bleue, ESACM, Clermont-Ferrand, Fr
- 2019, Crépuscules et Répétition, C'Mouvoir, Champs sur Tarentaine, Fr
- 2019, Retour 18h23, In extenso, Clermont-ferrand, Fr
- 2019, Habit(É) Bargoin, Museum Bargoin, Clermont-Ferrand, Fr
- 2019, Tisser des liens, Museum Bargoin, Clermont-Ferrand, Fr
- 2018, Veillée*, Contemporary Art Center Parc Saint-Léger, Pougues-les-Eaux, Fr
- 2017, 37° Partie 1, In extenso, Clermont-ferrand, Fr